- Manager, Head Trainer, Programmer, CrossFit Kids Coach, Personal Training Specialist
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Played Division I soccer for University of Illinois. Made the NCAA Tournament all 4 years and went as far as the Sweet 16 in post-season play.
- Holds an ACE personal trainer certification.
- Holds a Level I CrossFit Course Certification.
- Holds a CrossFit Kids Course Certification.
- Originally from Crystal Lake, IL and currently resides in Collinsville, IL.
- I get to still be in an athletic environment and have a competitive outlet as both a coach and an athlete.
- I get to create and re-work programs for different needs which has always been something that I loved to do.
- I am impacted by a unique set of athletes that we attract here at CFC, some of the best people I've ever met.
- Of course, I get to wear sweats all day everyday
- I get to watch people start from the very beginning of their journey and see the progress they make not only every day but over months and years.
- I am constantly learning something new and always being challenged every single day.
- Manager, Mobility Specialist, Running Mechanics/Explosive Speed Specialist, Coach, Personal Training Specialist
- Holds a Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology which he earned @ SIUE.
- While working towards his Master's Degree @ SIUE, Chris worked hand in hand with SIUE's Head Strength & Conditioning Coach Meade Smith.
- During his time under Meade Smith he assisted in training SIUE's Division I Athletes for all sports.
- Holds a Level 1 CrossFit Course Certification.
- Is originally from Centralia, IL and currently resides in Edwardsville, IL.
Why I love what I do:
- I get to help young athletes Adults through CrossFit Collinsville reach their athletic and fitness potential. I find great pride in being able to have an impact on people's lives by being a great coach and role model.
- I work in such a positive environment that is very motivating for me as a Coach & as a CrossFit Athlete.
- How many people get to wear athletic apparel to work everyday!
"Before I started CrossFit I was a little hesitant like a lot of people are at first. I wasn't sure if it was something I wanted to try. I was interested but was so used to doing my own routine and wasn't sure if I wanted to change. But change is exactly what I needed! The first couple of times I did CrossFit I was hooked. I had never been through workouts like this where I got more work done in 10 minutes than I did in 45 on my old routine. I was also a former college athlete who loved to compete and once I stopped playing I had to find that in something else and I found it in CrossFit. Don?t be afraid to try something new, you might like it!"
- Chris Thomas